Following the close of Governor Bill Lee’s called special session on public safety, the Buffalo River Review contacted Perry County’s legislators—Senator Ed Jackson and Representative Kirk Haston—to gauge their opinions on the event.
The Review asked the legislators for six responses:
- How did you vote on the bills that were passed?
- Please give a brief statement—either individually on each bill or collectively—on why you voted the way you did.
- Do you think the special session was successful? Why or why not?
- Were there any rejected bills—either in committee or on the floor—that you supported and would like to have seen approved?
- No significant changes were made to Tennessee’s gun laws. Are you satisfied with that outcome? Why or why not?
- Would you like to make any other statement to your constituents about the special session?
By the Labor Day early press time, Representative Haston had not responded; the Review will run his answers in a future issue. Following are Senator Jackson’s answers:
- “I voted in …………
………………………FOR COMPLETE STORY, PLEASE READ THE 9.6.23 ISSUE OF THE REVIEW…………